Monday, April 28, 2008

Day 1

After a weekend of slight indulgences I always use Monday as my day to get myself back on track. This morning I started out with a bowl of Kashi Heart 2 Heart Cereal with some black berries and strawberries. I also had an 8 oz glass of Light & Healthy OJ. OJ is one of my few indulgences and I probaly have a glass every morning. Some people are addicted to coffee, but I am addicted to Orange Juice. I have actually cut down a lot from where I was drinking a year ago. I used to just get regualr pulp free Tropicana and have 2 or 3 large glasses a day, cutting it back to one small glass has been a gradual occurance.


For my mid morning snack I brought some Annie's Whole Wheat Bunnies to work with me. This was my first time trying these and I have to say I really enjoyed them. They remind me of Wheat Thins only with a lighter taste. They were able to hold me over until lunch.



Since I had left Abbie, my puppy, at my house today I had to go home at lunch to let her outside to do her business. I usually get my best lunches this way because it enables me to go through my fridge and make a nice fresh lunch, rather then just having it soggy at work. Today I had some left over grilled chicken breast so I decided to make a chicken salad sandwhich. I used half the breast, a 1/2 tablespoon of Smart Balance mayo, a tablespoon of honey mustard, some cut up pickle and grapes to make the chicken salad. I had the salad on top of some mixed greens on the sandwhich. I also had some crispy carrot sticks and cucumbers on the side to round the meal out.






I had an out of office meeting today and I went with good intentions of eating my Special K bar as a snack. Unfortunately when I arrived the table of food looked very appealing. I don't have a photo, but I had some mixed fruit, an itty bitty suasage, and a biscuit with honey. I had not had a biscuit with honey in forever and it just looked so appealing at the moment.

After work I went on my new loop run I discovered this weekend. There's something about running a loop, rather then running one way and then straight back, that just makes a run more appealing. I need to drive the loop to see the actualy distance but I think it's about 3 miles. I am going to add a little more distance to it once I figure out how more of the roads connect. I also did some ab work after that run. I have officially conquered playing fetch with Abbie while doing crunches. Something about me being on the floor makes her think its play time .

Dinner ws an experiment tonight. Robert, the boyfriend, has been begging me to make chili for a while now, so I buckled down and tried to find a healthy way to make his favorite dish. I found something on the purdue chicken site that appealed to me and I just modified it to my taste. I had some leftover grilled veggies that I threw in as well. Robert thought with the veggies it was more like a stew but I thought it was great.



I topped my chili with some 2% cheese and some Whole Wheat Bunny crackers. The corn muffin on the side was definately not healthy at all. The jiffy corn muffins are Robert's fave, but as I was reading the label the muffins are 170 cals a pop. I need to find something healthier for corn muffins out there.

For dessert Robert had some frozen yogurt ( I stole a bite) while I had some sugar free jello.



Now I'm off to Robert's to get a good night sleep before my AM work out I have planned. Good Night!

No comments: