Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Oatmeal Attempt

So let me start off by saying that I am not a fan of Oatmeal. something about the mushy consistency that is similar to grits, I really can't stomach. I have been attempting to try to eat them though, because they really are a filling healthy food. Last week I made some peanut butter oatmeal cookies that I didn't hate, so when I saw the trend of Baked Oatmeal on others blogs I decided to give it a try. I followed Eating Bender's directions from her blog, except I added a little peanut butter to it for some extra flavor. While her's looked nice and crispy and delicious, mine was mushy and not very appealing.


I attempted to eat my bowl of oatmeal, but probaly ate half before feeling like I wanted to vomit becuase of the texture. The actual taste wasn't so bad, but definately not something I would try again. I ended up eating all of the apples off of the top and throwing the rest out.

Here's a view of the top of the dish. I will say for the half of bowl I did manage to get down, I am strangely very full so I will credit oatmeal with that power of filling.

No comments: